Skip to main content

Disturbed but Inspired

I've been emotionally disturbed these past few weeks and I can't focus on my work because of this turmoil. This feeling started when I realized that I'm not happy with my work anymore because I'm used to the same old tales in the office. I'm looking for a new environment, new challenges and new kinds of stuff. I'm not against with my colleagues there, they are all my friends but as for me, I want to tend my resignation because I feel that I'm not enjoying anymore and I'm so frustrated that until now, the course that I took when I was in college, (which is Broadcast Communication) is still an elusive dream for me to work in a Network Station or Advertising Company. Yes, I've tried to applied there before, but the results are still pending. I'm not trying to sound sour grasping here, I just want to use my course in every work I'm going to because I didn't take Broadcast Communication for nothing. I have this dream that someday I'll be able to work in these reputable institutions. Even if I'll start to work as a Production Assistant, it's fine with me because every beginner should start from scratch before you'll get the higher position. I just hope that in time, that this dream of mine will turn into reality. The good thing is, I have lots of friends who keep on reminding me to do my job better, work harder, be patient and never stop believing to chase the dream I want. There's also my mother who's been very supportive to me all throughout. She keeps on reminding me that I should be thankful for every blessing that comes my way and the work that I have right now should be loved too because not all people are blessed to have a descent work. Why I should dwell on the fact that in the meantime, my destiny to work in these media outlets is not yet my time? All I have to do is just focus on my previous work and make goal settings of what are my utmost priority. Then I realized, maybe I was just preoccupied and tired of my usual routine and I forgot to look on the brighter side of these things that's been happening to me. I'm sorry Dear Lord for my attitude. Thank you because I have these support groups like my friends and my family and also to you my Dear God for all the love and blessings you've given to me every day. Hay! I'm too mellow dramatic here. Hehe Though I'm suffering from this dilemma right now, I chose to be focused and be inspired in every little thing I do. I'll just wait for the right time to come on this journey I called life. PS: So inarte mode lang ako. HAHAHAH Happy Sunday! :)

Comments

archie said…
hi Jo!

eto po ang ginawa kong basehan nung ganyan din ang napi-feel ko nung magresign ako last year sa company ko --stay if you're happy leave if you're not. as simple as that. :P eventually kasi kapag talagang hindi ka na masaya--ang quality na rin ng work mo ang magsasuffer. Ako din naman, I've always dream of working in one of the media entities dito or overseas pero sometime we have to do things 'First things first" in order to survive. Bata pa naman tayo so we've still got time to undergo these changes...

goodluck on your future endeavors and keep on writing! :P
JORISDICTION said…
Kuya Archie, kaw ba'to? Hehe Hahaha Pasenya na sa mga grammar lapses ko dyan. Hihi Maganda kaseng pampractice ng English and everything 'tong pagba-blog! ;) Ayun nga, may mga bagay din kase akong narealized na wag ko madiliin ang lahat, know my priorities and make a goal settings. Kung sa ngaun wala pa, magtyaga sa kung ano meron at magpasalamat syempre for all the blessings. Kaya eto, I'm taking one step at a time. Inarte lang 'tong post. Hihi Thanks for spending your time reading this post. Appreciate it a lot! :)
Ley said…
I agree with Kuya. Maybe if you're not happy, you should start looking for another job while you're still there. Talagang minsan, may mga bagay kang dapat unahin. Praktikalan na lang din. Aminin na natin na hindi talaga madaling pumasok sa mga kumpanyang gusto nating pasukan.

Pero kahit ano pa man, just keep giving your best in everything. Let's just be thankful. At least may trabaho tayo, yung iba nga wala.

Pag-isipan mo muna. Whatever decision, we're just here.

Fighting! :)
Joyce Reyes said…
hi joris... we have the same case... i've already applied to some companies (pr and events coordinating, even advertising) but cannot seem to get the work i really want.. i mean the position i have applied for... interviews went pretty well.. but i wonder how come nobody has called me yet to inform me if ever i was hired or whatnot.. tsk.. but my mom just like your mom, keeps on perking me up.. i just stick to what she lways tell me... "kung talagang para sayo, ibibigay yan sayo..." which absolutely right! so cheep up :D
JORISDICTION said…
@Joyce- Hay! Iba talaga magpamper ang mga Nanay no?! The best! ;) Thanks Joyce! ;) Mwah!
archiemb said…
@Joyce --true--same here, nag apply na rin ako sa iba (PR- E&Y, Reuters) pero talagang mas may advantage ang mga may experience na. I'm not losing hope though.

at agree din ako na "Kung talagang para sa iyo ang iyong bagay, kahit gaano ka echos ang destiny, mapupunta parin sa iyo yun"

@Joris--nga pala, if ever magreresign ka-- make sure na may back up ka ng work or may savings ka habang wala kang work. Nangyari sakin last year yan eh---after kong magresign nagrest muna ako at paubos na pala savings ko. good thing at nakahanap agad ako ng malilipatan. Ang mali ko--hindi agad ako naghanap ng work habang nasa current work ko pa ako...
JORISDICTION said…
^^ Thanks, Kuya! I'll keep that in mind! :)

Popular posts from this blog

From Silence to Sharing -- My Unconventional Journey and Prioritizing Mental Health

  Writing has never been my strong suit. At most times, I grappled with writing slump and the distractions that life unfailingly presents.  But today, before the Year 2023 closes its chapter  (Kathniel yarn? lol),  I'm courageously sharing a piece of my life. A little nervous, but also empowered, as only a few are aware of this.  I used to keep everything inside, but now I'm opening up, and I hope this can help someone else going through a tough time like I did. Life can be tough, especially when you've lost someone, but I want to encourage others to find their strength and keep going, no matter what. STORYTIME:   I had only worked for just  eight months in my former company when they offered me an overseas opportunity during the pandemic's peak. Uncertainty loomed, but my mom's  (BesNay)  contagious enthusiasm encouraged me to step outside my comfort zone. However, life paints a complex picture. I faced the heart-wrenching loss of my mother while I was in a foreign

Ready, Set and GO!

(Image Credits: http://uniqueyenmei.blogspot.com ) We are now in the last week of January 2011 and finally, I'll be writing my new post for this Year of the Metal Rabbit. How's your new year, guys? I know it's a little bit of late in greeting you all only this time, but hey! It's still the new year, anyway!  Well, my celebration of the new year was pretty awesome because I had the chance to goofed and played along with my family, cousins and other relatives. I must say that celebrating the new year is one of the best occasion we have because this is the season that we reminisced on all the things we've done in the past year and at the same time hoping for the best next year to come. As of press time, a lot of things are juggling in my mind right now just like what will be my future holds this 2011, my soon-to-be decisions and above all, how can I handle pressures and other surprises that will surely come along the way? Then I look back in 2010 and realized tha

Remembering my Tatay...

My Nanay and I went to Himlayan Cemetery to visit my Tatay’s grave in remembering his 14th death anniversary. August 29 is the exact date of Tatay’s death anniversary but due to household chores that Nanay and I usually do every weekend, we decided to visit Tatay the following day (August 30, 2010). Yes, it’s been 14 long years that our Tatay left us due to lung cancer but his presence in our lives still lingers on. I was nine 9 years old when he passed away but the memories I’ve shared with my father are still very vivid and unforgettable. I considered my Nanay as the soft-spoken in our family while my Tatay was the disciplinarian. Though my father has a strong personality, I was never scared of him because I know that in his strong character, a good and loving father is what he really portrayed. I heard a lot of good comments about my father that most of our relatives liked him. They’ve said that my father was well-loved by everybody because of his character. Yes, he’s strict, but